DC3 began life as a small Assemblies of God church in 1948. We are now much bigger, non-denominational and belong to The Evangelical Alliance, but we are still fired up by the same commitment: we want to see Jesus transform lives in every generation.
Our story is that way back in August 1947 a Christian evangelist came to Diss with a team of people and set up camp on Stuston Common. The team conducted a series of meetings on the Common, in the Magistrates Room and at the Friends’ Meeting House. As many as 90 people attended. A number of them became Christians and in 1948 they formed an Assemblies of God church and appointed their first pastor.
In 1955 the church purchased the Primitive Methodist Chapel in Mount Street, where meetings continued for the next 30 years or so. Over those years many changes took place and in 1985 it was decided to establish a new church called Diss Christian Community Church. There were 29 members in total, led by a team.
The following year (1986) Mount Street Chapel was sold and the present site in Vinces Road was purchased. For 18 months the church worshipped at the Waveney Chapel, before moving into the new buildings in Vinces Road in March 1988. Phase 2 of the building, which includes the Sports Hall, was completed in January 1997.
In 2005 we began a new congregation in Harleston, which initially met in a small upstairs room in the Leisure Centre. This part of the DC3 family currently meets in the Archbishop Sancroft school hall and there's a lot of prayer and planning going on about some kind of permament base in the town.
Overall, we are very excited about how God is leading us and nurturing us as a church to become more and more connected into the life of our communities - so watch this space!